Top Pharmacy Courses in India
A degree is pharmacy is all about drugs, medicine and the healthcare industry. Pharmacy courses are extremely job-focused, vocational and train the aspirant on all aspects related to the prescription, manufacture and provisioning of medicines.
A pharmacist gets to learn everything about medical chemistry, human physiology, pharmaceutical engineering, biomedical, and more.
After completing pharmacy courses, you are eligible to work in government hospitals, private medical shops & private hospitals or clinics. You can also start your own consultancies & medical shop. In the pharmaceutical industry, you can be a part of departments such as quality control, manufacturing, marketing, production, etc.
Types of Pharmacy Courses
Pharmacy courses can be done at either the Diploma, Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) or Doctorate levels.
• Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) 3 years
• Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) 4 years
• Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) 2 years
• Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D) 6 or 3 years (depending on pathway)
Eligibility for Pharmacy Courses
• D.Pharm 10+2 class pass in Science stream; atleast 17 years
• B.Pharm 10+2 class pass in Science stream; atleast 17 years
• M.Pharm B.Pharm degree from PCI approved institute with 55% up marks
• Pharm.D 10+2 class pass in Science stream; atleast 17 years; Completed D.Pharm course from PCI approved institute. Alternatively, you can do this after B.Pharm.
Pharmacy Entrance Exams
To secure admission in Pharmacy colleges in India, subject to minimum eligibility for pharmacy courses above, most universities and colleges have their own entrance exams to be answered.
• National level entrance exam - Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2020)
• State level entrance exams - TS EAMCET 2020, AP EAMCET 2020, BCECE 2020, WBJEE 2020, etc.
• University level entrance exams: BVP CET 2020, IPU CET 2020, MHT CET 2020, etc. F
Specializations in Pharmacy Courses
Popular pharmacy colleges in India offer below B.Pharm pharmacy branches:
• Pharmacy Practice
While for M.Pharm below pharmacy branches are available:
• Pharmaceutical Chemistry
• Pharmaceutical Technology
• Clinical Pharmacy
• Drug Regulatory Affairs
• Industrial Pharmacy
Benefits of Pharmacy Courses
With increasing Research & Development (RnD) and our growing dependence on advanced medicine, Pharma companies have grown tremendously, and so have careers and jobs in the pharma industry. Job roles you will be eligible for after completing your pharmacy courses are:
• Bio-technology industry
• Consultant or Clinical Pharmacist
• Drug inspector
• Health inspector
• Hospital or Dispensary Pharmacist
• Medicines Safety Manager
• Pathological lab
Starting salaries for Pharmacy graduates often ranges from INR 15,000/- to INR 25,000/- and this is expected to grow with increasing demand for high quality, trained professionals with exclusive competencies, from this field.
Getting into one of the popular pharmacy colleges in India and specializing in any of the available pharmacy branches just seems completely worth it. Just stay abreast of the eligibility for pharmacy courses and pharmacy entrance exams updates if any. Admission in pharmacy colleges in India is easy with the right guidance and direction.
Best Pharmacy college in India
Pharmacy colleges are aplenty in numbers but not all of them have the same standards of education, industry tie-ups and post-education support. Being a reputed education counsellor in New Delhi India, we understand all the pain points that you may have undergone at all other career counselling services in India. At AdmissionLelo, we aim to be your best resource portal to guide you in making the right decisions on the path leading to a promising career in pharmacy, drugs and medicine.
Types of Pharmacy Courses
The course curriculum under Pharmacy to build your future are mentioned below:
- B PHARMA
- B. Pharm
- B. Pharm (Lateral Entry)
- B. Pharma
- B. Pharma (Lateral Entry)
- B. Pharma Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurvedic)
- B. Pharmacy
- B. Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- B. Pharmacy (Practice)
- B. Pharmcy (LEET)
- B.Pharm (LEET)
- B.Pharm (LEET) (PCI Approved)
- B.Pharm (PCI Approved)
- B.Pharm. (Ayurveda)
- B.Pharm. (Ayurveda) [Lateral Entry]
- B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- B.Pharm. [Lateral Entry]
- B.Pharm., Bachelor of Pharmacy
- B.Pharma(LEET) Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurvedic)
- B.Pharmacy (Leet)
- B.Pharmacy- Lateral Entry
- B.Sc ( Chemistry,Zology,Biotechonology/BioChemistry/Mircobiology)
- B.Sc Hons. in Biotechnology
- B.Sc Hons. in Food & Nutrition
- B.Sc Hons. in Forensic Science
- B.sc in sports & Exercise Science
- B.Sc Pharmaceutical Science
- B.Sc. Hons. in Chemistry
- B.Sc. Hons. in Mathematics
- B.Sc. Hons. in Physics